Maple Bacon Broccoli Salad
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 head fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 small apple, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 C mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Maple Sugar (sweeten to taste)
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
Fry bacon, crumble and set aside.
Wash and chop broccoli and place in a large bowl.
Wash, peel and shred carrot then add to broccoli; add diced onion, cheese if using, bacon, apple, and walnuts if using.
In a separate bowl combine mayonnaise, maple sugar, and vinegar.
Whisk until well combined.
Add dressing to broccoli mixture and mix well.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour.