- 1 2-pound piece of boneless salmon (cut from the wide end of the fish)
- 4 tablespoons maple sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 lemons, thinly sliced
- fresh rosemary, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Set the fish, skin side down, in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold it flat.
2. In a small bowl, combine the maple sugar, olive oil, salt and mustard. Rub the fish all over with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning once or twice.
3. Set the oven at 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Set the lemon slices and rosemary on the baking sheet. Set the salmon on top of the lemon slices skin side down.
4. Roast the salmon for 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with the tip of a knife. Remove from the oven and slide onto a platter to serve. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with lemon wedges.