The only thing better than pecan pie is pecan pie with maple syrup and rum! Can you imagine two more pleasant surprises in the ingredients list for a pie? Let them become essentials for your pantry.
Vermont Maple Pecan Pie
- 3/4 cup packed Coombs sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup Coombs Family Farms pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp dark rum
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup shelled, raw pecan halves
- 1 – 9” partially pre-baked pie crust
Preheat oven to 425 F. Beat one egg with 1 T water in small bowl; set aside. Combine Coombs sugar and 3 eggs in mixing bowl and mix well. Add syrup, rum, vanilla, lemon juice, salt and butter. Pour filling in crust and arrange pecans on top. Using a pastry brush, brush egg wash on crust. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Let stand for five minutes before serving. **No need to ask you let it cool any longer than that, we just don’t want you to burn your mouth! Enjoy!!