Sustainable Maple Syrup Farming: 5 Points You Should Know
- Small family farms, such as the ones making maple syrup, have a lower carbon footprint than industrial agricultural processing plants.
- Small family farmers are stewards of their land and they have a vested interest in protecting it, and farming it sustainably.
- Money from small family farms is more likely to stay in the local economy than money from industrial agriculture.
- Small family farms help to maintain biodiversity and the diversity of our food supply.
- Small family farms are generally more involved in and conscientious of the communities in which they operate than industrial agriculture plants.