- A researcher at the University of Rhode Island found more than 20 compounds in pure maple syrup that contribute to better health, including several newly identified antioxidant compounds that are reported to have anti-cancer, anti-bacterial and anti-diabetic properties.
- A 1/4 cup serving of maple syrup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk and more potassium than a banana.
- Buying maple syrup in bulk (say, a gallon jug vs. an 8oz bottle) can save more than 30%.
- With one less cup of store-bought coffee every other week, you could buy a year’s worth of maple syrup!
- Most maple producing states host a Maple Weekend every spring where families can watch maple syrup being made and learn all about the sugaring process.
Other posts you might enjoy...