Makes 1 9-inch skillet Blondie
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 – 30 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Coombs Family Farms Maple Stream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Maple Glaze (see below)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease the cast iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, cream together the softened butter, sugar, maple, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring well to incorporate. Gently fold in the chopped walnuts and then transfer the batter to the greased skillet.
- Bake the blondies for 25 – 30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center is set, but still gooey.
- While the blondies bake, make the Maple Glaze by whisking together 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar with 1 tablespoon maple syrup and 1 tablespoon heavy cream in a small bowl.
- Top with warm blondies with a hearty scoop of vanilla ice cream, and copious drizzles of the maple glaze (and even a little extra Maple Stream!) to enjoy.