A great holiday recipe from Iain Stuart that uses two holiday staples, yams and maple syrup!
- 3 Medium-Large Red Garnet Yams
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 4 TBSP Real Butter
- ¾ Cup Coombs Family Farms Grade A Dark Color, Robust Taste Maple Syrup
- 1 TBSP Corn Starch
- 1 TBSP Water
- Wash & peel yams, and cut into the desired sized pieces, and place into a microwave safe casserole bowl or pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and nutmeg
- Dot over the top with butter
- Pour Maple syrup over the yams.
- Cover with microwave safe plastic wrap, or even just a paper towel will work.
- Cook in the microwave on full power for about 20 minutes. You may want to check them depending on the wattage of your microwave, but cook until tender.
- Remove from microwave, and drain the liquid off into a small saucepan. Set yams aside.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together.
- Bring Maple liquid to a light boil and add the cornstarch-water mixture. Cook until mixture thickens.
- Pour thickened mixture over the still warm yams. Serve.