Easy way to turn a boring chicken thigh into the star of the meal. My family thinks I slaved over these this weekend.
- 8 Bone-in Chicken Thighs
- ¼ Cup of Coombs Family Farms Organic Maple Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Coombs Family Farms Grade A Dark Color, Robust Taste Maple Syrup
- 4 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 Teaspoon of Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon of Basil
- ½ of a Lime
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- ¼ Cup Chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a Cast Iron Pot heat garlic and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat until garlic begins to soften.
- Place chicken thighs in pot, skin down, for 2-3 minutes and then flip to other side for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove chicken thighs from pot, add remaining ingredients (except parsley) to pot and stir slowly until all maple sugar is mixed in.
- Place chicken thighs back in pot, skin up, and place Cast Iron Pot into preheated oven.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes (oven times vary) or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.