This maple-y twist on an old favorite comes to us courtesy of www.creative-culinary.com.
For the Cocktail:
- 3 oz tequila
- ½ oz whiskey
- 2 oz Coombs Family Farms Grade A Dark Color, Robust Taste Maple Syrup
- juice of 1 lime
For the Rim:
- 2 Tbsp fine salt
- 2 Tbsp Coombs Family Farms Maple Sugar
- Combine salt and maple sugar on a small plate.
- Rim a margarita glass with a lime wedge and then dip the edge in the salt and maple sugar mixture. Fill the glass with ice and set aside.Put the remaining ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously until the container is ice cold.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared glasses and garnish with the 2nd lime wedge.