You can also download a PDF of this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup graham flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup Coombs Family Farms Grade A Dark Color, Robust Taste Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp whiskey
- 1/2 cup Coombs Family Farms Maple Sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Whisk together flours, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Combine melted butter, sugars, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture and fold in until incorporated. Press dough evenly into bottom of prepared baking dish and bake for 18 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling. Cook butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until it foams, turns clear, and then turns a deep brown, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat to cool. Combine maple syrup and whiskey in a heavy saucepan over medium heat and simmer until mixture reaches 225ºF, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- While syrup is simmering, place brown butter and maple sugar in a medium bowl. Once syrup reaches 225ºF, immediately pour over brown butter and maple sugar mix-ture; let stand 1 minute before whisking until smooth. Slowly pour in eggs, whisking constantly until combined; whisk in vanilla and salt. Increase oven temperature to 400°F and pour filling over warm crust. Top with pecan halves and sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake an additional 15 minutes, until a knife comes out clean. Cool completely in dish on wire rack. Carefully lift parchment to remove bars from dish and place on a cutting board; cut into squares using a sharp knife. Store leftover bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.