This easy weeknight dinner comes from Rodale’s Organic Life (link) and comes together in less than 10 minutes. Serves 4.
- 1/3 cup Coombs Family Farms Grade A Dark Color, Robust Taste Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons country Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 6-ounces skin on salmon fillets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Position a rack 6 inches from the broiler and set the broiler to high. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the syrup, mustard, thyme, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Set aside half of the sauce.
- Place the salmon on the baking sheet, season with a little salt and pepper, and coat with half of the sauce. Broil until beginning to turn opaque and the edges are just caramelizing, about 3 minutes.
- Rotate the pan, brush with the remaining sauce and broil until mostly opaque or to your desired doneness, about 3 minutes more. (The flat side of a small knife inserted in the thickest part of the salmon should feel warm, not hot, when touched to your lip.)