You can also download a PDF of this recipe.
Shortbread Crust Ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp Coombs Family Farms Grade A Dark Color, Robust Taste Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Make the shortbread. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with a foil sling. Process the flour, powdered sugar, and salt together for a few seconds before adding in the chunks of cold butter. Cut the butter into the flour mixture with about 6-8 pulses or until it looks like small peas. Press the mixture into the baking dish with the flat bottom of a glass or small dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until very lightly browning.
- While the shortbread bakes, make the pumpkin pie filling. In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, pumpkin, and this sugar mixture. Gradually whisk in the evaporated milk. Pour this mixture over the prepared shortbread crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 32-35 minutes or until pumpkin custard reaches 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Cool for at least 2 hours. May be refrigerated.
- Serve with maple-sweetened whipped cream.