Serves: 6 – 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
1 pre-made pie crust
8 oz. asparagus, with tough ends removed
1/2 leek, washed well and sliced thin
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 oz. chevre
1 tablespoon Coombs Maple Stream
1/4 cup whole milk yogurt
2 tablespoons whole milk
1 tablespoon fresh chives, sliced thin
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
- Lay out the pie crust in a 9-inch tart pan with 1″ high sides and bake the pie crust according to the directions on the packaging.
- After the crust is pre-baked set aside and increase the temperature of the oven to 425 degrees F. Lay the asparagus and leeks on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 7 minutes. Lower the oven temp to 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, yogurt, herbs, cayenne and a pinch of salt.
- Mix together the goat cheese and maple in a separate bowl.
- To assemble the tart, arrange half of the roasted veggies in the cooked tart shell and top with half of the maple chevre.
- Pour the egg mixture into the tart shell and then arrange the remaining veggies and chevre on top.
- Bake the tart for 25 – 30 minutes or until the filling is completely set. Let cool to room temperature before slicing up to enjoy!