Thank you Wendy for sharing this fantastic holiday gift idea of homemade maple lip balm from eHow.
By Christopher Godwin, eHow Contributor
Maple lip balm is a natural, homemade alternative to the commercial lip balms that contain ingredients known to irritate the skin and lips. Homemade lip balm works just as well as commercial brands, and you can scent it any way you want. If you don’t like maple syrup scent, you can add a few drops of any essential oil to the mixture.
Things You’ll Need:
- 1 tsp. cocoa butter
- 1/4 tsp. beeswax, grated
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. walnut oil
- 1/4 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp. vitamin E oil
- Combine the cocoa butter, beeswax, coconut oil and walnut oil in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat for five to six minutes or until the beeswax is melted.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add the pure maple syrup. Stir with a glass stirrer or wooden spoon to combine all of the ingredients.
- Let the mixture cool for five minutes. Add the vitamin E oil and stir to combine.
- Transfer the maple lip balm to a small glass jar with a tight-fitting lid